Both Shopify vs Volusion are two leading online store builders for online business so choosing a right one to start your business is a difficult task. In this post, we will show you 6 main differences between these two platforms to help you know clearer about them and then decide which one will work with easily.
6 main differences between Shopify vs Volusion
- Shopify provides 5 levels for entrepreneur to choose:
- Lite: $9/month
- Basic Shopify: $29/month
- Shopify: $79/month
- Advanced Shopify: $299/month
- Shopify Plus: depending on requirements
- Volusion supports 4 plans:
- Mini: $5/month
- Plus: $35/month
- Pro: $75/month
- Premium: $135/month
- Shopify offers the professional, modern and updated themes which help store owners to design a nice and impressive store. Most of the themes Shopify provides are created by professional designers so they are look so awesome and attractive. Moreover, about 160 themes of Shopify are mobile responsive. This is very convenient for selling online as now most of customers are purchasing by mobile devices like smartphone or tablets. The price of a Shopify theme ranges from free up to $180.
- Volusion also offers about 360 good-looking themes. Store owners can easily find a suitable one for their store as all of them are very nice. The price of each Volusion theme ranges from free to $895, which is quite expensive. Volusion supports 82 free themes and 277 paid ones but there are 23 mobile responsive themes.
- Payment gateways
- Shopify integrates with a large number of payment gateways- third-party tools that process credit cards on your behalf. You can use many gateways with Shopify, more than 70. Shopify payments are available for enterprises based in the US, Canada, the UK, Puerto Rico, Australia, and Ireland.
- Volusion also allows integrating with up to 30 many payment gateways. However, the payment gateways available for Volusion depends on the part of the world you’re operating in. Volusion payments can be used for merchants in the US and charge you 2.15% transaction rate and monthly fee.
- E-commerce tools
- Shopify charges a transaction fee ranging from 0.5% to 2% depending on the plan you are using and gives you unlimited bandwidth to run your store.
- Volusion does not require any transaction fees but it gives you limited bandwidth that in our view can be problematic.
- Shopify offers 24/7 support service through email, live chat, and phone and a forum which allows you post questions and interact with other store owners to exchange useful tips.
- Volusion provides 24/7 support system via live chat, email, and phone.
- Shopify supports store owners a lot of apps, more than 1500 for you to choose. Most of them are built by independent service providers so you have to pay some fee to integrate them into your store.
- Currently, Volusion offers 80 apps covering the main categories such as marketing, newsletter creator, customer support, shipping, and accounting integration.
These 6 mains differences between 2 leading platforms (Shopify vs Volusion) may help you choose a right one for your business.
Thanks for reading!
Read more: Shopify vs Big Cartel, Shopify vs Etsy